Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Prayers Answered

October 27, 2014

Dear family,
Let me just say, I am so thankful for the Holy Ghost. These past two weeks have been pretty difficult to be away from home, in the sense that my mom has been undergoing lots of medical tests with the potential of having cancer. When I first heard about all of this, I was freaking out and couldn't concentrate during Preparation Day (Monday) very well. But once 6:00 rolled around and Pday was over, I was able to snap out of it and go to work. That night I prayed and kind of had a little chat with Heavenly Father about what was going on at home. I immediately felt peace and reassurance that everything was going to be ok. That feeling continued with me throughout the rest of the week. I was amazed at how I was able to put off all of my thoughts and worries and just focus on the work here in Corpus Christi. Then a week and half later, the mission office called me. I was freaking out to see that number on my phone. When I picked it up, the woman said, "Hi Sister Angus! Your dad just called the mission office and wanted me to give you a message. Ok, are you ready??? Your mom does not have cancer!"
Best. news. ever.
I am so grateful for the comfort and reassurance the Holy Ghost provides in our lives. Even though I couldn't pick up the phone and talk to my family whenever I wanted to, the Holy Ghost was communicating to me for them. And Heavenly Father helped me stay focused on my purpose here as a missionary. I am so grateful that the Lord is watching out for my family while I am serving Him.
I love y'all and I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Love,
Hermana Angus