Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Miracles Happen

November 10, 2014

Hola familia y amigos,
Well, we are going to have a baptism this week! Our investigator Adela is going to be baptized on Friday!!! WOOO. Sister Nail and I found her and have been teaching her since August. I LOVE ADELA. She is 57 years old and is a sweet single woman. She calls Sister Haynes and me her "adopted daughters." She actually introduced us to her granddaughter by saying, "These are your new aunts." haha. I feel dumb for never mentioning her until now, but we have been teaching her for a few months and I just love her. She told us, "I can tell that you really care about me. Some people are so fake. But the love I feel from you girls is real." She had been hesitant about baptism for a long time, and every time we brought it up, she would say, "I'm sorry, I'm just not ready. I don't know if I'll ever be ready." One day Sister Haynes and I were helping clean Adela's kitchen while she did the dishes. We were just quietly scrubbing the counter when Adela said out of nowhere, "I've been thinking a lot about baptism. I want to do it." Sister Haynes and I just looked at each other with wide eyes and our mouths slack. It was the best moment ever! Woop woop! I'm excited for Friday.
In other news, the weather is changing here in Corpus. The nights are colder and it gets dark around 5:30 or 6 pm. We've been chewed out a few times for having the audacity to knock on people's doors so late at night, when really it's like 7 pm. haha. But it's all good!
I love being a missionary and feeling such pure love for the people I'm teaching! Missionary work is awesome!
Love,

Hermana Angus