Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Awkward Missionary Moment

December 15, 2014

Hola familia y amigos,
Christmas time on the mission is really fun! And Christmas is Texas is nice and warm. The one thing I find really weird is that people wrap Christmas lights around palm trees...That's just wrong.
About a week ago, a woman working for Channel 6 news (I guess that's a local Corpus Christi news channel) stopped us while we were walking to our car from our apartment. She asked if she could interview us. She wanted our opinion about a concert hall that's going to be built right next to our apartments. Since we are gone all day and can't listen to music, we honestly didn't have an opinion. We explained this to her, but she I guess didn't understand because she handed me the microphone and pointed the camera at my face and said, "State your name."
"Uh. Sister Angus."
"Ok. And what's your last name?"
"...........Angus."
"Alright, whatever. Moving on."
It was awkward. I did not want to be in front of the camera and I wasn't sure missionaries were allowed to be on TV! Anyways, I didn't know what to do, so I just talked about how we're missionaries and I didn't really care about this concert hall thingy. I'm pretty sure I was the most awkward person ever interviewed. Sister Haynes was lucky and wasn't forced to do an interview, but she kept making fun of mine for the rest of the day. Apparently I looked like a deer in the headlights. I kept praying this camera woman wouldn't use my interview on the news.
She did. My awkward missionary self was on Channel 6 news. Some of our members saw it, and now they keep teasing me about it. :)
Anyways, I'm grateful for this time of year. Christmas is a time of giving and time when people are thinking more about our Savior Jesus Christ. It's awesome! I love the church's two-minute video called "He is the Gift." It's on mormon.org and lds.org. Make sure to share it on Facebook because it's great!
Feliz Navidad, y'all!!
Love,

Hermana Angus