Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Training

January 12, 2015

Hey there fam!
This week is transfers! And.....I still don't know if I'm leaving or staying!!!!! Wooo!
Haha, no it really stinks that I still don't know if I'm being transfered. BUT, I do know that Sister Haynes and I aren't going to be companions any more. :(
On Friday night I got a call from the APs saying that I am training a new missionary! They told me this about 5 months ago, and I never received a greenie, so I didn't quite believe them this time! But it's true! My greenie is probably flying to McAllen right now!
I am super sad to see my time with Sister Haynes end, but I am also really excited to train. I feel much more prepared now than I did 5 months ago. In the mission, your trainer is like your mom and you are her hija (daughter). So before your hija arrives in the mission field from the MTC, you are "pregnant." Ridiculous I know, but whatever. The mission lingo is weird. So yesterday we had Stake Conference and word was spreading that I was training. One of the sister missionaries is this 6 foot tall black girl named Sister Vargas. She came up to me after stake conference and yelled loud enough for the whole stake to hear, "SISTER ANGUS, YOU'RE PREGNANT???? CONGRATULATIONS! You're going to have a baby!" Oh my word, I was so embarrassed. I'm sure there were a lot of shocked people at church and now there is probably a rumor about a pregnant missionary....
But anyways, I don't know if I'm leaving or staying, but I'm excited to train!

I love you all!
Love
the pregnant missionary