Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Happy New Year!

January 5, 2015

Hola familia y amigos!
I hope y'all had a fun Christmas and New Year's! I did! I loved Skyping my family on Christmas and it was so fun to talk with everyone "face to face". Technology is awesome. I really enjoyed my one and only Christmas in the mission. It was so great to just focus on the true meaning of Christmas and serve others. 
We weren't allowed to work past 6 o'clock on New Year's Eve, so we got to watch the movie "Frozen" at the church! All the missionaries in Corpus met together to watch it and it was a lot of fun. This was probably my tenth time watching "Frozen", but for a lot of missionaries, this was the first time. Only a handful of us had seen it. Before turning on the movie, one of the Zone Leaders stood up and said, "Alright. I've been waiting a long time for this moment. If any of you talk, I'm kicking you out." It was hilarious to see 20 adults completely glued to the TV watching a Disney movie.
Sister Haynes and I are still going strong and we are finally finding people in our area to teach. It's awesome! We are teaching two college-aged girls right now, and they are in nursing school, so that has been fun to bond over! :)
Next week is transfers....I have been in Corpus for about 6 months now. I absolutely love it and I am happy here, but people keep predicting that I'm leaving next transfer. It's making me so nervous! 
Stay tuned next week for the update. ;)
Les quiero (I love you)! 
Love 

Hermana Angus