Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Fasting Brings Blessings

March 23, 2015

Hey family,
It's warming up here in Texas! And the humidity is getting intense. After a day of work, I come home and my hair looks like I just got out of the shower. It's going to be a muggy summer! But right now the weather is still nice, so I'm enjoying it before the true heat kicks in.
In the mission, you do a lot of fasting. We've done a lot of fasting lately, but I've learned to look forward to it because the Lord helps us so much while we fast! Fasting is hard and not exactly fun, but I love seeing all the blessings that come from it. For example, we are working with a family right now! We are teaching a mom and her 4 sons, and two of  the sons are baptismal age. We had been fasting that day to find a family, and then we found one! I love how quick the Lord answers our prayers sometimes. Ask and ye shall receive!
I love it here in Beeville. We are constantly busy and always have people we are working with. I feel so blessed to be working here. We have our challenges because the ward is super small (just graduated from being a branch), but the Lord is helping us out.
I hope y'all enjoy your week! Make sure to fast this Sunday (General Conference is coming up)! Watch for them blessings!
Love

Hermana Angus