Friday, October 3, 2014

John the Baptized


September 22, 2014
Hey y'all!

This week was EPIC. John was baptized yesterday! Wooooo! This was my first every baptism, and I feel so honored to have been the one to teach John. He was so prepared and the ward absolutely loves him. The service was great and John told us afterwards, "I feel so at peace with my decision. It feel nice." Yay John!

Believe it or not, this week we were pretty worried about whether or not this baptism was going to happen. John is retired, but he hasn't made good financial decisions in the past, so  tithing has always been a sore point for him. In our final visit before the baptismal interview, we were really worried he wouldn't be willing to keep the Law of Tithing. But while we were talking to him, he told us, "I've been thinking about how I'm going to pay my tithing. I don't have a lot of money, so I'm trying to figure out where I can cut back in my expenses. My monthly payment for my truck is the same amount as I would pay toward tithing, so I might sell my truck. I can drive a clunker." Sister Haynes and I just about cried. He then went on to say, "There are bigger sacrifices people make in order to pay their tithing." I just love John. He has taught me so much. :)

In other news, I got eaten alive by mosquitoes on Friday! We had a lesson at 8 o'clock at night in a park, right after it rained..... We were scratching our legs the entire hour we were in the park. I woke up the next morning and my feet looked like I had a disease. People kept pointing them out to me throughout the day, and freaking out.Now I will be wearing tights until my feet don't gross people out. Don't worry Mom, they are on the mend!

Thank you for all of your prayers and sacrifices on my behalf! I love you all so much.
Love

Hermana Angus