Friday, October 3, 2014

General Conference Time!


September 29, 2014
Hey y'all!

Life is good here in Corpus Christi, TX. Sister Haynes and I are doing well and love working together. Some companionships just click, and we are one of those. :)

On Thursday we had Zone Conference! For those of you who don't know the mission lingo, that means the mission president came up from McAllen and held a meeting with about 40 missionaries serving in Corpus. It was about 8 hours long but really great. Because I have been in an English-speaking area for 2 months, I was super nervous that I wouldn't understand my Chilean mission president's Spanish.  But I understood a lot! The gift of tongues is real. My ability to understand Spanish is still improving, even though I don't hear much Spanish right now. Woohoo!

I'm super excited for General Conference this weekend. I loved the General Relief Society Broadcast on Saturday night. It was fun to think that my family was watching the exact same Broadcast at that moment. I loved that the theme was temples! I can't wait for the day when there is a McAllen, Texas Temple. The closest temple is in San Antonio, but there are so many members in McAllen who can't go to the San Antonio because of immigration problems. Maybe there will be a temple announced this weekend....Man, that would be cool!

Anyways, never ever take General Conference for granted. Watch it this weekend!

Les quiero muchisimo.

Con carino,

Hermana Angus