Tuesday, August 5, 2014

TLC

Dear family,
This week was pretty great! We had some fun while tracting, a crazy rainstorm, and an awesome Sunday!
Everyone here asks me where I am from and when I say Colorado, they get really confused. They say, "Where are your parents from?" When I respond, "Utah and California," they get even more confused and finally say, "No, I mean where are your ancestors from? How do you have red hair?" Are your ancestors from Ireland or Scotland?" So many people have asked me this, that my companion and I decided to make tracting a little more interesting....I am now the Scottish missionary! Whenever someone answers the door in English, I start talking to them in a Scottish accent. EVERYONE BELIEVES IT. One guy opened the door, looked at us, didn't say anything, and went to slam the door in our face. I quickly said in my fake Scottish accent, "We're missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!" He opened the door more and said, "Wait, what did you say?" I repeated myself and he said, "Wow, you're not from around here are you? What is a Scottish girl doing in South Texas?" hahaha. He didn't accept our message, but at least he didn't slam the door in our face!
Also, this Sunday a lot of less-active members in our area came to church! This whole transfer we have been going by their homes and letting them know that we care for them. It's amazing what a little TLC can do, because this week three of our less-active families came to church!! That's amazing. My companion and I just couldn't stop smiling during church.
Anyways, I guess the main thing I learned this week is that it's really important to show people that you love them. These people just needed to know that someone cares for them and their situation. I am loving being a missionary more and more each day! Have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Angus

rain storm!
Why did the chicken cross the road? haha. Also notice, the stray dogs in the background. They are everywhere.
cute random puppy who followed us while tracting
flat tire