Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Bikes and Big Hair

Howdy amigos,
Humidity takes on a whole new meaning here in Corpus! My hair wasn't really poofy when I was in Mission, but here in Corpus my hair is BIG. Like Texas big. But it's fun!
Last week I mentioned our investigator John (he still reminds me of Liam Neeson). He is super solid and just loves the gospel! He used to be an alcoholic, and he has been sober for 14 years! The anniversary of the day he stopped drinking, or his "sober birthday", is September 18th and he is very proud of himself for turning his life around. When he told us that, I asked if he would like to make that day even more special by being baptized on September 18th. He said yes! Wooooo! He's so cool. Unfortunately, he is going on to be in Rhode Island until Labor Day.... But it's ok! He already went on mormon.org and found a church building in Rhode Island to attend while he's gone. Yay!
I think my body is having a hard time adjusting to Southern food. I was used to eating tortillas and beans every day, and my body isn't handling all the red meat and barbeque in Corpus very well.... ANYWAYS... I still really love Corpus! However, my companion is not super coordinated on the bike. One day, we had been biking for not even 30 seconds when my companion took a turn too sharply and just fell off her bike in front of a busy street. She was ok, and I shouldn't have found it so funny, but it just was. The only thing more ridiculous than a girl riding a bike in a helmet and church clothes is a girl falling off her bike while wearing a helmet and church clothes.
I'm having fun here in Corpus Christi! I hope everyone is enjoying their last moments of summer before school starts. I love y'all!
Love,
Hermana (Sister) Angus